*Disclaimer:
Best viewed with Internet Explorer (:
though it works on Firefox now.






wayniq
10/5/1987
@ IndianaUniversity
earworms make me happy
but i need you
to make me complete

links


























tagboard














































archives

20061201 - cool,cold,freezing and i-don't-know-half-of it

I knew today would be cold. I knew last week that today would be cold. I knew today would be the coldest day of the week, seeing that the other days before today had temperature hovering between 15-20 deg.

But i had NO clue, NO warning, NO experience dealing with the wind that came with the cold today. Let's just put it this way - yesterday i said the wind was gale force, today..i put the wind in the category of Hurricane Big Momma. The wind was crazy strong! Had my bagpack on, walking back to my dorm, head hung low so the wind wouldn't get into my eyes, hands in my jacket pockets. And outta nowhere, Hurricane Big Momma hits me from behind and i could feel the wind pushing me along, could hear it whistle past me. FOOOO! Yesterday it was my umbrella, today it was my bag. You see, i only had a notebook, pencil case, wallet and some pieces of paper in my bag. So the wind decided to try and steal my bag. Had to hold on tight to my bag or it would have grown wings and took flight. I had 3 layers of clothes on - a t-shirt, sweater and a fleece jacket...but the wind swoooshed through all of them! That was how strong it was. Aiyah, you would have to be here to understand.

Plus there was light snow. But even though light, it was good enough to numb my face down. Yannoe how when it's cold, your nose starts to get runny? I could feel some mucus leaking so i attempt to wipe it off and i thought my nose dropped off along the way while i was walking or somethin. It got so numb that i couldn't feel it! Cool stuff in a sense. When i get out of my dorm in the morning for class, walked for bout 5 min, looked down on my brown jacket and saw alot of specks of white. Thought it was dandruff for a moment before i realized that the white specks were floating around the air. So yep..snow.

So...the gang back home in Singapore hung out tonight. Sounds like they had fun! But truth be told, i felt quite annoyed that they had fun. Not that i'm being totally selfish or anything, it's just that i use to be caught up in the fun as well and it'd be nice if i was in the mix. Not necessarily last night, but on any given night or day right now. But i'm still glad they had fun! Because i know some of them really need some letting loose right now. Heh. Ahhh but my friends, don't fret, i'll be back to spoil your fun in no time! So if you guys thought you were gonna have more fun without me...sorry i had to burst your bubble.

Ahhh i do not look forward to getting out of my dorm and jumping from the frying pan (because it's nice and warm in here) into the err...ice. But what's the worst thing? I don't even know the half of it....

Rumour has it that this isn't remotely close to how cold it gets in Bloomington. Uh oh!!!!!!

schlogged at 4:01 PM


from me to you.
©2007 niq. all rights reserved.
beks
vonne
stef
jezzie
denise boo
jiaa
lynn
elizabeth(bird)
yuhuii
bridget
byrant
elsi
andrew
eugene
georgie
hazel
janice
jason
jasmine yeongnathan
lawrence
rui
pamela
peiyin
tinaa
winn

August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007